Planning



After two days of over twenty degrees celcius and no rain in the last two plus weeks apart from a brief thunderstorm and downpour the other night, I am scratching my head as to what I actually wear at this time of the year.  I find myself trawling through my Me Made May photographs for inspiration.  But that was Autumn and although the weather is similar, I feel the dark colours look a little odd in spring.  I really need to participate in a Self Stitched September to inspire myself.  For a little inspiration, I visited the Op Shop.  It didn't turn out quite as I hoped, with only winter fabric available.  I did however end up with some lovely wool fabrics, and some nice cotton rib knit that may well come in useful for spring.  The wool on the top of the pile I have earmarked for a Sewaholic Minoru next winter, with the printed synthetic fabric below as the lining.  The striped fabric was actually a scarf that had the most divine beaded tassels that I have removed for use with a bag using the red lizard print vinyl in the bottom picture.  The royal blue is a wool suiting that I am sure I will find a use for and the bottom is a wool ponti type fabric which is always useful for any number of projects.

The bottom picture is my non Op Shopped fabric and includes said lizard vinyl, some gorgeous cotton sateen which is ear marked for a Megan Nielsen Kelly skirt, the pattern of which is winging it's way to me as we speak, and the most gorgeous vibrant knit which  reminds me of the lovely stripes I have seen in Country Road recently.  The jury is out as to whether this becomes a tee or a maxi dress....hmmm, decisions, decisions!

Since the sun is supposed to be out, I do have something to reveal tomorrow.  The problem is I don't currently have suitable shoes to wear with it.  I have a pair on order, but really can't wait until they arrive to reveal.  I shall just have to improvise!

Comments

Popular Posts