The climate I live in is particularly suited to skirts.  At this time of the year the day can start in the early teens and rise anywhere up to early thirties by 10am, although I am still waiting for the thirties this year, just quietly.   I spend a lot of time in skirts and 3/4 pants at this time of the year.   We also get quite a bit of wind in the spring and summer so skirts that aren't too floaty are a better bet for modesty.  After the success of the army green skirts blogged about here I wanted to make another one.  This skirt is in a woven cotton linen type fabric with a small amount of lycra.  I added 20cm to both the front and back to create pleats and with the help of a tie I had rescued from a pair of track pants, and some blue crepe I had in my stash,  I made some blue piping.


The tee shirt was made using a piece of light weight cotton lycra knit.  I used Jalie 2806 again but this time altered the pattern to omit the gathering, and added ruffles.  The ruffles didn't work out quite as I had hoped.  They collapse a bit, but that is okay because they look like they were intended to be that way.  Because the fabric was quite light weight I added bands to the sleeves.

I think I am finally done with the Jalie pattern for this summer.  In total for myself and my daughter, I have made 7 tops using this pattern.

Comments

Popular Posts